Jokes can be a great way to lighten the mood and make people laugh, but they can quickly backfire if they don’t land. And we know how it is embarrassing when messing up a good joke, but it doesn’t have to ruin the moment. There is a way to turn an awkward situation into something humorous.
We all know that everyone loves a good laugh, and cracking short jokes are the perfect way to get that instant reaction. As they are quick, funny, and don’t require any setup or explanation. So, whether you’re telling them to your friends or family or just trying to lighten up the mood in a room, it will help you to break the ice by making everyone laugh.
Not only will this help you get out of an embarrassing situation, but it will also make people laugh and bring some joy into their day without having to dwell on it for too long.
Here we’ve compiled the list of best Short Jokes that will provide comic relief by keeping conversations lighthearted and fun. So scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered.
1. Rest in peace boiling water. You will be mist.
2. Why did the melon jump into the river?
Because it wanted to be a watermelon.
3. How do bees brush their hair?
4. Why do French people eat snails?
They don’t like fast food.
5. What is fast, loud and crunchy?
A rocket chip.
6. How does the moon cut his hair?
7. Where do fish sleep?
In the riverbed.
8. What has ears but cannot hear?
9. What do you call two bananas on the floor?
10. What kind of chicken is the funniest?
11. Where do you learn to make ice cream?
12. How do you make a lemon drop?
Let it fall from the tree.
13. What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
Time to get a new clock.
14. What do you call a ghost’s true love?
15. What did one pickle say to the other?
Dill with it.
16. Why doesn’t the sun go to college?
Because it has a million degrees.
17. What did 0 say to 8?
18. What did the buffalo say when his son left for college?
19. What kind of keys are sweet?
20. What did the Dalmatian say after lunch?
That hit the spot.
21. What color looks sick?
22. What animal dresses up and howls?
23. What did the lava say to his girlfriend?
I lava you.
24. Which superhero hits home runs?
25. What kind of shoes do frogs love?
26. What is a room with no walls?
27. Why can’t Elsa have a balloon?
Because she’ll let it go.
28. What do you call a famous turtle?
29. What makes a sick lemon feel better?
30. What’s a private investigator’s favorite shoe?
31. How many months have 28 days?
All of them.
32. Where do cows go during their leisure hours?
33. What is worse than raining cats and dogs?
34. Why do you always find mushrooms in clubs?
They are fun guys.
35. What’s white and can’t climb trees?
36. What cookie flavor do monkeys love?
37. Why didn’t the lamp sink?
It was too light.
38. It’s cleaning day so naturally, I’ve already polished off a whole chocolate bar.
39. Why was the broom late to school?
40. How does a rabbi make coffee?
41. Why are pizza jokes the worst?
They’re too cheesy.
42. What does a triceratops sit on?
On its tricera-bottom.
43. What is Forrest Gump’s password?
44. What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
45. Some people think prison is one word…but to robbers it’s the whole sentence.
46. What fruit do twins love?
47. How does a scientist freshen her breath?
48. Why is a football stadium always cold?
It has lots of fans.
49. When did humans first start growing weed?
During the Stoned Age.
50. What’s the largest gem on earth?
A baseball diamond.
51. Why do birds fly south in the winter?
It’s faster than walking.
52. You know what I saw today?
Everything I looked at.
53. What do you call a pony with a cough?
A little horse.
54. Which side of a cow is the hairiest?
55. My girlfriend treats me like a god. She ignores my existence and only talks to me when she needs something.
56. How do you make an octopus laugh?
57. What did one plate say to his friend?
Tonight, dinner’s on me.
58. What do you call an ant who fights crime?
59. Have you ever tried eating a clock?
It’s really time-consuming, especially if you go for seconds.
60. What gets wetter the more it dries?
61. What does the man in the moon do when his hair gets too long?
62. How do you throw a space party?
63. What did one traffic light say to the other?
Stop looking at me, I’m changing.
64. You can only get spoiled milk from a pampered cow.
65. I have many jokes about rich kids—sadly none of them work.
66. What did the fish say when he bumped into a concrete wall?
67. What’s red and moves up and down?
A tomato in an elevator.
68. What did the snowman ask the other snowman?
Do you smell carrots?
69. How do you talk to a giant?
Use big words.
70. Why did the M&M go to school?
He wanted to be a Smartie.
71. What’s a snake’s favorite subject in school?
72. I tried to sure the airport for misplacing my luggage. I lost my case.
73. Why was the student’s report card wet?
It was below C level.
74. I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
75. What do you call a gazelle in a lion’s territory?
76. Talk is cheap?
Have you ever talked to a lawyer?
77. Why are ghosts terrible liars?
Because you can see right through them.
78. What falls in winter but never gets hurt?
79. Two artists had an art contest.
It ended in a draw.
80. What kind of nut doesn’t like money?
81. What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
Finding half a worm.
82. Why is Danny good at all sports?
He got athlete foot.
83. What do you call a sleeping T-Rex?
84. How does Spiderman do research?
On the World Wide Web.
85. What kind of music do mummies listen to?
86. What’s red and bad for your teeth?
87. How did trees have so many friends?
They branch out.
88. What does a storm cloud wear under his raincoat?
89. What do you call a retired vegetable?
90. Why do vampires seem sick?
They’re always coffin.
91. Whenever I’m in need of assistance, I take only lemonaide.
92. What are a shark’s two most favorite words?
93. What do you call an old snowman?
A glass of water.
94. What is brown, hairy and wears sunglasses?
A coconut on vacation.
95. What did the elf learn in school?
96. Why did the gym close down?
It just didn’t work out.
97. What’s brown and sticky?
98. What are bald sea captains most worried about?
99. What type of key opens a banana?
100. What is a witch’s favorite subject in school?
101. What kind of exercise do lazy people do?
102. Why are skeletons so calm?
Because nothing gets under their skin.
103. What kind of fruit is always sorry for being a prick?
104. What building in New York has the most stories?
The public library.
105. Why are ghosts such bad liars?
Because they are easy to see through.
106. Why won’t peanut butter tell you a secret?
He’s afraid you’ll spread it.
107. What do you get if you dip a baby cat in chocolate?
A Kitty-Kat Bar.
108. How do trees have so many friends?
They branch out.
109. Where do cows go on December 31st?
A moo year’s eve party.
110. What board game does the sky love to play?
111. What’s Thanos’ favorite app on his phone?
112. Where did the music teacher leave her keys?
In the piano.
113. Why was 6 afraid of 7?
114. Why was six afraid of seven?
Because seven ate nine.
115. What did the ghost call his Mum and Dad?
116. If we shouldn’t eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge?
117. What did the fisherman say to the magician?
Pick a cod, any cod.
118. What do kids play when their mom is using the phone?
119. How does the ocean say hi?
120. What is the strongest animal in the sea?
121. I invented a new word today: Plagiarism.
122. What do you call a duck that gets good grades?
A wise quacker.
123. What do you call a cow with an award?
124. Who eats snails?
People who don’t like fast food.
125. Where does the sheep get his hair cut?
The baa baa shop.
126. Here, I bought you a calendar. Your days are numbered now.
127. What animal is always at a baseball game?
128. Why did the banana visit the doctor?
She wasn’t peeling well.
129. What is ground beef?
A cow with no legs.
130. Why are snails slow?
Because they’re carrying a house on their back.
131. How do trees get online?
They just log on.
132. Why can’t you ever tell a joke around glass?
It could crack up.
133. What has three letters and starts with gas?
134. I never make mistakes. …I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
135. How are false teeth like stars?
They come out at night.
136. What’s a cat’s favorite color?
137. Why did the orange stop?
It ran out of juice.
138. How do you make a tissue dance?
You put a little boogie in it.
139. What kind of water cannot freeze?
140. What kind of pizza do dogs eat?
141. What’s the smartest insect?
A spelling bee.
142. What do cats wear to bed?
143. What do you call a tired bull?
144. What did Yoda say when he saw himself in 4k?
145. I hate Russian dolls… they’re so full of themselves.
146. What do you call a fish without an eye?
147. Why can’t you trust zookeepers?
They love cheetahs.
148. What do you feed an alligator?
Anything it wants.
149. What is sticky and brown?
150. What do you call a guy who’s really loud?
151. How do billboards talk?
152. What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
153. Why was the belt arrested?
Because it was holding up some pants.
154. What did the bathtub say to the toilet?
You look flushed.
155. What do Olympic sprinters eat before a race?
Nothing, they fast.
156. It’s so romantic how I always feel a hot spot in my chest whenever I tell my wife-hi.
157. Why did the tomato blush?
Because it saw the salad dressing.
158. What do you call bears with no ears?
159. What did the nose say to the finger?
Quick picking on me.
160. Why did the computer get sick?
It caught a virus.
161. Which planet loves to sing?
162. What kind of math do birds love?
163. What do you call a singing laptop?
164. Where are average things manufactured?
165. Why can’t you ever trust atoms?
Because they make up everything.
166. What’s a foot long and slippery?
167. I would have said a window joke but it comes with pane.
168. What’s a cat’s favorite dessert?
A bowl full of mice-cream.
169. Why did the peanut get into a rocket?
He wanted to be an astro-nut.
170. What did 1 say to 7?
171. What did the banana say to the dog?
Nothing. Bananas can’t talk.
172. Why is she called llene?
She stands on equal legs.