According to the Hebrew calendar, Hanukkah is a Jewish festival that begins on the 25th day of Kislev. It commemorates the victory of Judah Maccabee and his brothers over the Seleucid army led by Antiochus IV. Below, we’ve compiled a list of Hanukkah puns that are the best and most hilarious you’ll love. So scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered.
1. Why don’t we eat clowns at Hanukkah? Because they taste funny.
2. Challah out.
3. Keep calm and dreidel on.
4. What’s green, spins round, and has wheels? A dreidel. I lied about the wheels.
5. Menorah women are welcome to the party.
6. Hanukkah-ts and dogs.
7. Why do you put candles on top of the menorah? It’s too hard to put them on the bottom.
8. I just gelt with it.
9. What did the loaf of bread say to the other loaf of bread during Hanukkah? “Happy challah days!”
10. I candle if you’re being serious.
11. Nice dreidel-locks.
12. Meowzel tov. (Cats can celebrate, too!)
13. You have a gelt-y look on your face.
14. Let’s get Hanukkrunk.
15. We’re having a challah-bration.
16. I love you a latke.
17. We’re off to a great starch.
18. Oy to the world!
19. Hanukkah-n you not do that?
20. There’s no best hand to light the menorah. Use a candle.
21. Shamash the pumpkins.
22. Oy to the World.
23. Let’s have a latke fun.
24. What did the little girl call her dreidel? Clay.
25. Ain’t no challah back girl.
26. I already eight.
27. Hanukkah: It’s lit.
28. Matzoh, matzoh man.
29. Challah if you knead me.
30. The best Hanukkah gift for someone who has everything is a burglar alarm.
31. What do vegetables say to each other on Hanukkah? “Happea Hanukkah!”
32. Happy Hanukk-an you not?
33. Why are there only 8 days of Hanukkah? Because 7 ate 9.
34. For Hanukkah, the skunk received one scent.
35. Happy paw-nukkah.
36. The Hanukkah celebration is lit.
37. What’s a dreidel’s favorite song? “You Spin Me Right Round.”
38. I would Latke you to have a wonderful Hanukkah.
39. Who is a dreidel’s favorite musician? Dr. Dreidel!
40. They see me rollin’.
41. I’m latkes I couldn’t find my keys.
42. Happy llama-kah.
43. How many potatoes does it take to make potato pancakes? A latke.
44. I just wanna have abs—olutely all the latkes and chocolate coins.
45. No gelt, no glory.
46. Gelt on with it.