The Sandlot is a 1993 American comedy-drama film about two boys who have to form a new baseball team after their beloved local team is disbanded and moved out of town. It stars Tom Guiry, Patrick Renna, Ryan Dorsey, Kevin Costner, Bill Braddock, and Burt Reynolds.
The Sandlot is a classic coming-of-age film where each young boy finds their way to handle the pressures and challenges of being on their own for the first time. The boys face typical teenage fears such as trying to find their place in society, making friends, getting girls, and how to walk away from someone who may not be worth it.
The Sandlot was released in September 1993 and grossed $57 million at the US box office with a budget of $13 million.
Here are some of the most famous and iconic quotes from the movie that will describe the funniest moments to make you LOL.
25 Most Iconic Sandlot Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
1. “Quiet. Are you trying to wake it up? It just went to bed.” ~ Michael “Squints” Palledorous
2. “Anyone who wants to be a can’t-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama’s bra, raise your hand.” ~ Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
3. “About time, Benny, my clothes are goin’ outta style.” ~ Michael “Squints” Palledorous
4. “Hurry up batter. It’s gotta be a short game, then I gotta get home for lunch.” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
5. “Man, base up you blockheads!” ~ Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
6. “Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” ~ The Babe
7. “We play on a real diamond, Porter. You ain’t good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats.” ~ Phillips
8. “You call that pitching? This is baseball! Not tennis!” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
9. “Even though none of us had ever seen a Playboy magazine, which we constantly lied about, we figured going to the pool was the next best thing to being there.” ~ Scotty Smalls
10. “Is that your sister out there in left field, naked? She’s naked?” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
11. “This kid is an L7 weenie!” ~ Michael “Squints” Palledorous
12. “You play ball like a girl!” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
13. “It wasn’t really the pool honeys, like we said; because, if any one of them had come up to any one of us, we’d have just pee’d our pants. We all went because, well, because Wendy Peffercorn – was the lifeguard.” ~ Scotty Smalls
14. “Let me tell you something kid; Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either because they’re too scared, or they don’t recognize it when it spits on their shoes.” ~ The Babe
15. “You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I’d shave his butt and tell him to walk backward.” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
16. “What are you laughing at Yeah-Yeah? You run like a duck.” ~ Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
17. “I take it back. You’re not in trouble, you’re dead where you stand.” ~ Mr. Mertle
18. “Not another one among us would have ever in a million years even for a million dollars have the guts to put the move on the lifeguard. He did. He had kissed a woman. And he had kissed her long and good. We got banned from the pool forever that day. But every time we walked by after that, the lifeguard looked down from her tower, right over at Squints, and smiled.” ~ Scotty Smalls
19. “You bob for apples in the toilet! And you like it!” ~ Phillips
20. “Man, this is baseball, you gotta stop thinking! Just have fun. If you were having fun, you would have caught that ball!” ~ Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
21. “You’re killin’ me, Smalls!” ~ Hamilton “Ham” Porter
22. “Just stand out there and stick your glove out in the air. I’ll take care of it.” ~ Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
23. “Oh yeah, the Great Bambino. Of course! I thought you said the Great Bambi.” ~ Scotty Smalls
24. “We all lived in the neighborhood for a couple of more years – mostly through junior high school – and every summer was great. But none of them ever came close to that first one. When one guy would move away, we never replaced him on the team with anyone else. We just kept the game going like he was still there.” ~ Scotty Smalls
25. “Smalls, you mean to tell me you went home, swiped a ball that was signed by Babe Ruth, brought it out here and actually played with it?” ~ Timmy Timmons