The love for sports has been captivating for decades, and there is no doubt why sports always play a big role in uniting people by creating unforgettable lasting memories. Well, it doesn’t matter if you’re a die-hard fan or curious about the sports, below we’ve compiled a list of the best sports trivia questions that will entertain, educate, and leave you hungry for more. So scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered.
Sports Trivia Questions
1. How many minutes was the longest recorded point in the history of tennis?
Answer: 29 minutes.
2. What team owns the longest winning streak in NBA history?
Answer: Los Angeles Lakers.
3. Who was the first WNBA player to dunk in a playoff game?
Answer: Brittney Griner.
4. Who is the highest goal scorer in Europe?
Answer: Cristiano Ronaldo.
5. How many Olympic games were held in countries that no longer exist?
6. How much does an NFL football weigh?
Answer: 1 pound.
7. What NFL team was originally called the ‘New York Titans’?
Answer: The New York Jets.
8. Who was the youngest player to score 10,000 points in the NBA?
Answer: LeBron James.
9. What color are the goalposts in football?
10. In what sport would you find a pommel horse?
11. How big is an Olympic sized swimming pool in meters?
Answer: 50 meters.
12. What is a soccer field called?
Answer: A pitch.
13. The Olympics are held every how many years?
Answer: 4 years.
14. How many dimples does an average golf ball have?
15. What is Canada’s national sport?
Answer: Ice hockey.
16. In soccer, what body part can’t touch the ball?
17. Among golf, tennis, hockey, and polo, which sport does not use a ball?
18. Which sport uses a net, a racket, and a shuttlecock?
19. What team has the most NBA titles?
Answer: Boston Celtics.
20. How many holes are typically played in a round of golf?
21. Which basketball player was Michael Jordan nicknamed after when he was in high school?
Answer: Magic Johnson.
22. How many times have Brazil won the World Cup?
23. Which sport is played with a shuttlecock?
24. Which African country became the first to qualify for a World Cup?
25. What team won the very first NBA game in 1946?
Answer: The New York Knicks.
26. Which sport is commonly referred to as the “sport of kings”?
27. How many players are on a baseball team?
Answer: 9 players.
28. When an Olympic athlete wins first place, what color medal do they get?
29. How many medals did China win at the Beijing Olympics?
30. Where did the first ancient Olympic games take place?
31. What team is considered the oldest in the NFL?
Answer: Green Bay Packers.
32. What is the only sport to be played on the moon?
Answer: A round of golf.
33. Who is the highest paid MLB player 2020?
Answer: Mike Trout.
34. How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters?
35. What sport starts with a tip-off or jump ball?
36. What was the first city to host the Olympics twice?
37. Who won the first two FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year Awards?
Answer: Mia Hamm.
38. What do the letters BMX stand for?
Answer: Bicycle Moto X.
39. How many rings are there on the Olympic flag?
40. How many rounds are there in boxing?
Answer: Twelve rounds.
41. What sport is played at Wimbledon?
42. What do the rings in the Olympics represent?
Answer: The continents of the world.
43. What retired basketball player tried out for the Chicago White Sox in 1994?
Answer: Michael Jordan.
44. What’s the national sport of Canada?
45. Which sporting equipment is used to strike a tennis ball?
Answer: Tennis racquet.
46. What African country was the first ever to qualify for a World Cup?
47. What measurement measures how far runners run?
48. What team does LeBron James play for?
Answer: Los Angeles Lakers.
49. How many numbers are on a dartboard?
50. How long is the NBA season?
Answer: 6 months.
51. In meters, how big is an Olympic-sized swimming pool?
Answer: 50 meters long and 25 meters wide.
52. National game of USA is?
53. What sport is a lot like softball?
54. What sport is best known as the ‘king of sports’?
55. What category of race is the Tour de France?
Answer: Bicycle race.
56. What is the very center of a target called in archery or darts?
57. How many sports were featured in the 2008 Summer Olympics?
58. Which country started football?
59. In football, how many points does a touchdown hold?
Answer: 6 points.
60. Who is considered the best goalkeeper in FIFA 2020?
Answer: Jan Oblak.
61. Who was the first NBA player to shatter a backboard?
Answer: Chuck Connors.
62. Which type of football is another term for soccer?
Answer: Association football.
63. Which boxer fought against Muhammad Ali and won?
Answer: Joe Frazier.
64. How long is a marathon?
Answer: 26.2 miles.
65. What do you call it when a bowler makes three strikes in a row?
66. What does NBA stand for?
Answer: National Basketball Association.
67. What’s the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches?
Answer: 18 inches.
68. In what game is “love” a score?