In the movie Anchorman, Steve Carell portrayed Ron Burgundy as a brash newsman who loves cigars, Scotch, and fighting – not necessarily in that order.
Anchormen are like the newsmen of their time. They typically have big hair and fancy sport suits while taking pride because they never miss an opportunity to make a fool out of themselves on-air.
Ron Burgundy is known for his audacity, but he does have some redeeming qualities. He’s good at his job and is willing to do what it takes to get ahead at any cost.
Here are some most popular and hilarious quotes that will make you laugh when you need something silly.
17 Most Famous Ron Burgundy Quotes To Read Now
1. “You know how to cut to the core of me Baxter. You’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair.” ― Ron Burgundy
2. “I’m kind of a big deal. People know me.” ― Ron Burgundy
3. “Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.” ― Ron Burgundy
4. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” – Ron Burgundy
5. “Okay, before we start, let’s go over the ground rules. No touching of the hair or face. And that’s it. Now, fight!”
6. “Mmm. I look good. I mean, really good. Hey, everyone! Come and see how good I look!” – Ron Burgundy
7. “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal. People know me. I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.” ― Ron Burgundy
8. “Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.” ― Ron Burgundy
9. “I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the baby maker.” ― Ron Burgundy
10. “You stay classy, San Diego. I’m Ron Burgundy?” – Ron Burgundy
11. “Don’t act like you’re not impressed.” ― Ron Burgundy
12. “OK before we start, let’s go over the ground-rules … No touching of the hair or face … And THAT’S IT. Now FIGHT!” – Ron Burgundy
13. “Hey, you’re making me look stupid. Get out of here, Panda Jerk!” – Ron Burgundy
14. “It’s terrible. She has beautiful eyes, and her hair smells like cinnamon!” – Ron Burgundy
15. “Oh Ron, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you.” ― Ron Burgundy
16. “Well if you were a man, I’d punch you. Punch you right in the mouth.” ― Ron Burgundy
17. “If you want to throw down in fisticuffs, fine, I’ve got Jack Johnson and Tom O’Leary waitin’ for ya…right here!” – Ron Burgundy