Call Me By Your Name has received near-universal acclaim since it was released in the fall of 2017. Critics consider the film to be an intimate and realistic exploration of a young gay man’s first love, which is at once beautiful and brutal in its honesty.
With its tender portrayal of a love that seems to last only moments before one person moves on, Call Me By Your Name is a film that’s uniquely suited for the 21st century.
The film received critical acclaim and was nominated for seven Academy Awards, winning Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Song.
Here are some of the most iconic quotes from that movie that can teach you some important lessons about life and make people happy.
25 Most Famous Call Me By Your Name Quotes
1. “I wish everyone was as sick as you.”
2. “Look for me, find me.”
3. “This was the best person I’d ever known in my life. I had chosen him well.”
4. “You know I’m not going anywhere.”
5. “Please don’t avoid me. It kills me. I can’t stand thinking you hate me. Your silence is killing me. I’d sooner die than know you hate me.”
6. “Cinema is a mirror of reality and it is a filter.”
7. “Maybe it made sense when you wrote it.”
8. “You’re making things very difficult for me.”
9. “Look me in the face, hold my gaze, and call me by your name.”
10. “You’re too stressed. You’ve just got to relax a little bit.”
11. “Perhaps going about one’s daily life with all its paltry joys and sorrows is the surest way of keeping true life at bay.”
12. “In my place, most parents would hope the whole thing goes away. Pray their sons land on their feet, but… I am not such a parent.
13. “I like the way you say things.”
14. “I don’t want you to go.”
15. “Call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine.”
16. “We had found the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.”
17. “But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything – what a waste!”
18. “Love is easy. It’s the courage to love and to trust that matters, and not all of us have both.”
19. “Until one day he asks the princess point-blank: Is it better to speak or to die?”
20. “You’re too old not to accept people for who they are.
21. “Look, you had a beautiful friendship. Maybe more than a friendship. And I envy you.
22. “You’re too smart not to know how rare, how special what you two had was.
23. “Perhaps we were friends first and lovers second. But then perhaps this is what lovers are.”
24. “Compromises are tragic.”
25. “Trust me. I’m about to be a doctor.”