Shells are protective, hard structures that surround the animal inside. They protect the animal from harm and provide a way to breathe in and out.
It is a common misconception that shells are hard because they are a type of bone, but they are actually soft. The hardness comes from how tightly packed the mineral crystals in the shell are; this creates a tough surface that can withstand various forces from outside sources like predators or even waves crashing against them.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of Shell puns that are the best and most hilarious you’ll love. So scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered.
1. Let’s shell-f this for later.
2. It’s offi-shell.
3. You know you’ve made it when you can hold a seashell.
4. Salty kisses and shellfish wishes.
5. What the shell?!
6. Nothing soothes the soul like a walk on the beach.
7. That was a really shell-fless act.
8. What kind of helmet does a snail wear? A shell-met.
9. It happens in sequen-shell order.
10. Call me on my shell-phone.
11. You have so much poten-shell.
12. Let’s shell-ebrate.
13. It all starts with s-hello.
14. Shine bright like a seashell.
15. I’m going to the spa to get a fa-shell.
16. Me and this shell are craving some vitamin sea.
17. My new house has a wine shell-ar.
18. Even these shells know I was born to be a mermaid.
19. Let’s take a shell-fie.
20. What would a snail want with a smartphone? It takes a lot of shellfies.
21. What do snails do on their birthday? They shellabrate.
22. My new hobby is mar-shell arts.
23. My new job focuses on artifi-shell intelligence.
24. Sandy feet and seashells welcome here.
25. I’m the new school coun-shell-er.
26. Catch me playing in the sand.
27. What the shell?”
28. My favorite type of pasta noodle is vermi-shell-i.
29. Traveling can be a ha-shell.
30. My favorite instrument is the shell-o.
31. I’m not lost, just searching for the perfect seashell.
32. A person of multiple races or ethnicities is multira-shell.
33. Let’s shellabrate.
34. Always be your-shell-f.
35. Cheers to shellabarations.
37. That’s a beautiful por-shell-ain bowl.
38. My truck has a die-shell engine.
39. We have shell-ected the best snail jokes.
40. Don’t be so shell-fish.
41. The water is shell-ow.
42. I’m late for the offi-shell meeting.
43. It’s cru-shell to follow each of the steps.
44. Shell yeah, bro!
45. Shell-ots are closely related to onions.
46. Shells keep their money in a finan-shell institution.
47. Shell yeah.
48. It happens at a shell-ular level.
49. I’m trying to shell this car.
50. Ooh! Take a shell-fie!
51. She was a pretty antiso-shell (antisocial) person.
52. I love to so-shell-ize.
53. He held her like a seashell and listened to her heart.
54. This is ex-shell-ent!
55. She went to the nail salon and got shell-ac nails.
56. You must be shell-ucinating.
57. I would rather have seashells than snowflakes.
58. Shell-ebrate good times!
59. Join us for an ice cream so-shell.
60. Seek and you shell find.
61. Pretty sure my birthstone is a seashell.
62. I’m working to improve my spa-shell awareness.
63. We shell overcome our obstacles.
64. I love watching infomer-shells.
65. She’s a shell-ebrity.
66. A handful of shells and a handful of dreams.
67. I’m doing stem shell research.
68. It was great after the ini-shell struggles.
69. How to snails call their friends? On a shell phone.
70. Shell yeah!
71. I bought new socks after seeing a commer-shell.
72. Find shell-ter.
73. It was the last morsel of bread.
74. Seashells are love letters in the sand.
75. Salt water and seashells heal everything.
76. I only have eyes for seashells.
77. I’m meeting with a con-shell-tant this week.
78. Snail puns are absolutely shell-arious.
79. Call a snail using a shell phone.
80. Every seashell has a story.
81. How does a snail answer the phone? Shello?
82. Be generous, not shell-fish.
83. She was an impartial judge.
84. You’re my spe-shell one.
85. Mr. Snail is a total shell-out.
86. Shell-o, it’s me.
87. You’re so spe-shell.
88. I eat shell-ery with peanut butter.
89. We shell overcome.
90. There’s no place like home. Except the beach.
91. Make a wish upon a starfish.
92. She sells seashells by the sea shore. — Terry Sullivan
93. Stop being so shellfish!
94. Snails have a lot of mus-shell.
95. I apologize for the can-shell-ation.