The Hunger Games is a science fiction novel written by Suzanne Collins. The story takes place in a dystopian society called Panem in North America. It tells of a future where the world has been divided into districts controlled by a totalitarian state called the Capitol, where all of its citizens must participate in annual televised games, “The Hunger Games,” to keep society docile.
In 2012, Jennifer Lawrence was cast as Katniss Everdeen, and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark for the film’s adaption of the book. The series has grossed over $3 billion and won numerous awards, including two Golden Globe Awards and six Academy Awards.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of 23 quotes from the Hunger Games to help you relive this fantastic movie.
23 Most Popular Hunger Games Quotes
1. “Everyone’s either going to want to liss you, kill you, or be you.” ― The Hunger Games
2. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous.” ― The Hunger Games
3. “Fear does not work as long as they have hope, and Katniss Everdeen is giving them hope.” ― The Hunger Games
4. “Destroying things is much easier than making them.” ― The Hunger Games
5. “Some walks you have to take alone.” ― The Hunger Games
6. “Stupid people are dangerous.” ― The Hunger Games
7. “It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together than it does to fall apart.” ― The Hunger Games
8. “I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them that they don’t own me. You know, if I’m going to die, I want to still be me.” ― The Hunger Games
9. “I’m not very good at making friends.” ― The Hunger Games
10. “My nightmares are usually about losing you. I’m okay once I realize you’re here.” ― The Hunger Games
11. “Our lives were never ours. They belong to Snow, and our deaths do too. But if you kill him, Katniss if you end all of this. All those deaths, they mean something.” ― The Hunger Games
12. “Attention tributes, attention! Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you needs something. Desperately. And we plan to be… generous hosts.” ― The Hunger Games
13. “Remember, we’re madly in love, so it’s all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.” ― The Hunger Games
14. “You can’t turn out again. No. You can’t. Not like when Dad died. I won’t be there for her anymore, you’re all she has. And no matter what you feel, you’re going to be there for her, do you understand?” – The Hunger Games
15. “I just don’t want to be another piece in their game, you know?” – The Hunger Games
16. “As long as you can find yourself, you’ll never starve.” ― The Hunger Games
17. “Our lives aren’t just measured in years, they’re measured in the lives of the people we touch around us.” ― The Hunger Games
18. “Everything old can be made new again, like democracy.” ― The Hunger Games
19. “Now see that, I love that. Two young people holding their hands up saying, ‘I’m proud I come from District 12, we will not be overlooked.’ I love that!” – The Hunger Games
20. “Of course, we’re fickle stupid beings, with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction. Although, who knows? Maybe this time, we’ll learn.” ― The Hunger Games
21. “I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don’t hurt anyone but myself.” ― The Hunger Games
22. “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.” ― The Hunger Games
23. “Why don’t you just be yourself? … No one can help but admire your spirit.” ― The Hunger Games
Want more great quotes? Check out below!