Looking for the best and inspirational Responsibility quotes?
We are responsible for creating the life we want for ourselves. We are the only one that can make it happen.
If we are unhappy with our current situation, we can’t blame other people or things and expect them to change. We need to take steps and do something now about it – by making a plan and executing the plan with the help of mentors, friends, and family members.
Many factors can create a successful life, such as having a good education, being healthy, and having enough money. There are also some specific things that you can do to help yourself become more successful, like making new friends and being an inspiration for others.
Whether dreams come true or not sometimes depends on the willingness of people to accept and own responsibility for their choices and actions.
Read these quotes to be inspired and understand your responsibility for personal actions & successes.
39 Inspirational Responsibility Quotes
1. “The time is always right to do what is right” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think.” ― Marianne Williamson
3. “It’s in responsibility that most people find the meaning that sustains them through life. It’s not in happiness. It’s not in impulsive pleasure.” ― Jordan Peterson
4. “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.” ― Lou Holtz
5. “Making someone responsible for your misery also makes them responsible for your happiness. Why give that power to anyone but yourself? – Scott Stabile
6. “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” ― Louis Nizer
7. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” ― Les Brown
8. “There is always an alternative to the present urgency—and it’s not a vacation, it’s acknowledging deeper responsibility.”— Stewart Brand
9. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” ― Winston Churchill
10. “The victim mindset dilutes the human potential. By not accepting personal responsibility for our circumstances, we greatly reduce our power to change them.” ― Steve Maraboli
11. “We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.” ― Carlos Costeneda
12. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” ― George Bernard Shaw
13. “And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
14. “Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.”— Dietrich Bonhoeffer
15. “The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things.” ― Stephen Covey
16. “Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done.” ― Hubert Selby Jr.
17. “It is only when you take responsibility for your life that you discover how powerful you truly are.” ― Allanah Hunt
18. “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” ― George Washington Carver
19. “Concern yourself more with accepting responsibility than with assigning blame. Let the possibilities inspire you more than the obstacles discourage you.” ― Ralph Marston
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “When you choose freedom, you also choose responsibility.” ― Richie Norton
22. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
23. “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.” ― O. J. Simpson
24. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” ― Abraham Lincoln
25. “In dreams begin responsibilities.” ― W.B. Yeats
26. “Choices may be unbelievably hard but they’re never impossible. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that’s not how a person with integrity acts.” ― Patrick Ness
27. “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” ― Bob Dylan
28. “In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and eternity.” ― Abraham Lincoln
29. “Stop pointing fingers and placing blame on others. Your life can only change to the degree that you accept responsibility for it.” ― Steve Maraboli
30. “By taking responsibility for yourself, you can stop relying on others to take responsibility for you.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
31. “The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life.” ― Hal Elrod
32. “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” ― Sigmund Freud
33. “Men who reject the responsibility of thought and reason can only exist as parasites on the thinking of others.”— Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness
34. “All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ― Wayne Dyer
35. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” ― Jim Rohn
36. “Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.” ― General Colin Powell
37. “The reason people blame things on the previous generation is that there’s only one other choice.” ― Doug Larson
38. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “The reason people blame things on the previous generation is that there’s only one other choice.” ― Doug Larson