Everyone loves the thrill of competition and the joy of uncovering the hidden, right? And when it comes to movies, We all love to watch them, so suppose you have gathered around with your friends with popcorn in hand, and that’s the time to impress your friends by unleashing your inner film connoisseur to test their knowledge with the best movie trivia. it will be fun and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of best movie trivia questions that will transform your gathering into a night of endless laughter.
Movie Trivia Questions
1. Which horror film does this line, “Sometimes, dead is better,” come from?
Answer: Pet Sematary
2. Which fantasy film made history by taking home Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. Where does Sex and the City 2 take place?
Answer: Abu Dhabi
4. In the 2014 biopic Selma, Martin Luther King Jr. was portrayed by who?
Answer: David Oyelowo
5. What’s the name of Charlie Chaplin’s most famous, recurring character?
Answer: “The Tramp”
6. For what movie did Tom Hanks score his first Academy Award nomination?
7. In Ice Age, which character is a saber-toothed tiger?
8. Who killed Manny’s family in Ice Age?
9. The dog in The Sandlot is nicknamed “The Beast.” What’s the dog’s actual name?
10. Who is the first actor to play Jack Ryan on screen?
Answer: Alec Baldwin
11. In what 1979 James Bond movie does the famous spy go to outer space?
12. What’s the name of Meatloaf’s character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
13. Who won his second Best Actor Oscar in 2021, in the ceremony’s biggest upset?
Answer: Anthony Hopkins
14. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
15. In Bonnie & Clyde, which actors portrayed the roles of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow?
Answer: Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty
16. Who does Patrick Swayze pick up in an iconic lift in Dirty Dancing?
Answer: Jennifer Grey
17. Who directed Silence of the Lambs?
Answer: Jonathan Demme
18. Which famous Pulp Fiction scene was filmed backward?
Answer: Mia’s overdose scene
19. Who directed Us?
Answer: Jordan Peele
20. In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter Parker’s main nemesis goes by what name?
21. What famous L.A. landmark is heavily featured in Rebel Without a Cause?
Answer: Griffith Observatory
22. What was the first movie to feature a flushing toilet?
23. The original Blade Runner movie takes place in what year?
24. In the first scene of Scream, which movie star killed?
Answer: Drew Barrymore
25. What 1927 musical was the first “talkie”?
Answer: The Jazz Singer
26. What is the highest-grossing movie of all time when not taking inflation into account?
27. In Mean Girls, what does Gretchen claim her father invented?
Answer: Toaster Strudels
28. What is the name of Rose’s necklace from Titanic?
Answer: The Heart of the Ocean
29. Who composed the music for Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman?
Answer: Danny Elfman
30. In Shrek, what does Shrek compare ogres to?
31. What flavor of Pop-Tarts does Buddy the Elf use in his spaghetti in Elf?
32. Who plays Captain Steven Hiller in the 1996 blockbuster Independence Day?
Answer: Will Smith
33. In Mean Girls, Cady moves to Illinois from which continent?
34. What DC movie was shockingly canceled by Warner Bros. in 2022?
35. Who is the youngest Oscar winner of all time?
Answer: Tatum O’Neal
36. What was the first movie ever to receive a PG-13 rating?
Answer: Red Dawn (1984)
37. Freddy Krueger wears a striped sweater that is which colors?
Answer: Red and green
38. What is the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time?
39. Who played park owner John Hammond in Jurassic Park?
Answer: Richard Attenborough
40. Where do Noah Calhoun and Allie Hamilton meet in The Notebook?
Answer: A carnival
41. In Forrest Gump, according to Forrest’s mom, what is life like?
Answer: A box of chocolates
42. Which Final Destination movie has a number of deaths that take place on a roller coaster?
Answer: Final Destination 3
43. Who played Juror Number 8 in 12 Angry Men?
Answer: Henry Fonda
44. In The Kissing Booth, what’s the theme of the senior prom?
45. What film received the Best Picture Oscar for the first time in a foreign language?
46. What is the highest-grossing foreign-language film at the U.S. box office?
Answer: The Passion of the Christ
47. In The Lego Movie, what is the name of the superweapon that Lord Business steals?
Answer: The Kragle
48. What is the true identity of Uma Thurman’s character “The Bride” in Kill Bill?
Answer: Beatrix Kiddo
49. Who wrote the famous, scary theme music from Halloween?
Answer: John Carpenter
50. The code in The Matrix comes from what food recipes?
51. Marlon Brando “could have been a contender” in what iconic 1954 crime drama?
Answer: On the Waterfront
52. In which country was the 2017 movie Call Me By Your Name filmed?
53. What is Edward’s last name in Twilight?
54. In Inception, how many dream levels does the crew enter?
55. How many Pixar animated films have been released?
56. What was the first pandemic-era movie to gross over $1 billion at the box office?
Answer: Spider-Man: No Way Home
57. What movie does Jim Carrey find out his daily life is really a TV show about him in?
Answer: The Truman Show
58. Who are the first heroes to come out a portal to help in the final battle with Thanos in Avengers: Endgame?
Answer: Black Panther, Okoye, and Shuri
59. Who played Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist?
Answer: Linda Blair
60. What is the name of the fictional location where the movie Frozen is set?
61. What was Audrey Hepburn’s birth name?
Answer: Audrey Kathleen Ruston
62. How many Oscars has Meryl Streep been nominated for?
63. Who directed Kill Bill?
Answer: Quentin Tarantino
64. What Martin Scorsese movie holds the all-time record for F-bombs?
Answer: The Wolf of Wall Street
65. Which 1927 war drama was the first movie to ever win Best Picture?
66. Who directed the hit 2017 movie Get Out?
Answer: Jordan Peele
67. What was Scream originally called?
Answer: It was originally called Scary Movie.
68. In Singin’ in the Rain, what is the name of the extended ballet sequence?
Answer: “Broadway Melody”
69. Jordan Belfort works for which firm in The Wolf of Wall Street?
Answer: L.F. Rothschild
70. In Aladdin, what does Aladdin gets chased through the town for stealing?
Answer: A loaf of bread
71. What indie horror movie boogeyman became an unexpected LGBTQ+ icon of the 21st century?
Answer: The Babadook
72. Which actor was in the following movies: The Outsiders, Wayne’s World and Tommy Boy?
Answer: Rob Lowe
73. What is the name of Riley’s imaginary friend in Inside Out?
Answer: Bing Bong
74. In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
75. What’s the name of John Wayne’s character in True Grit (played by Jeff Bridges in the remake)?
Answer: Rooster Cogburn
76. Who voices Joy in Pixar’s Inside Out?
Answer: Amy Poehler
77. What was Brad Pitt’s first movie?
Answer: The Dark Side of the Sun
78. What was the top-grossing movie of 2014?
Answer: Guardians of the Galaxy
79. Which Alfred Hitchcock thriller is notorious for its shocking “shower scene”?
80. Which singer starred alongside Steve Martin in 2006’s remake of The Pink Panther?
81. In what 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say “You talkin’ to me?”
Answer: Taxi Driver
82. What actress delivered the bone-chilling line “Who’s hand was I holding?” in 1963 horror classic The Haunting?
Answer: Julie Harris
83. Who wrote the screenplay for Rocky?
Answer: Sylvester Stallone
84. Where were The Lord of the Rings movies filmed?
Answer: New Zealand
85. What was the first James Bond film?
Answer: Dr. No
86. Some of the velociraptor noises in Jurassic Park are actually which animals mating?
87. Which movie was not directed by Tim Burton?
Answer: The Witches
88. In the action thriller Speed, why is Annie (Sandra Bullock)’s driver’s license suspended?
Answer: She was speeding
89. In Avatar, what’s the name of the alien world that humans are visiting in their “avatar” form?
90. Who actually drew the sketch of Rose in Titanic?
Answer: James Cameron
91. What’s the name of the skyscraper in Die Hard?
Answer: Nakatomi Plaza
92. Who plays Jodi Kreyman in Tall Girl?
Answer: Ava Michelle
93. Which country does Forrest Gump travel to as part of the All-American Ping-Pong Team?
94. What first “Disney Renaissance” animated film from the late 20th century?
Answer: The Little Mermaid
95. In The Wizard of Oz, who portrayed the Wicked Witch of the West?
Answer: Margaret Hamilton
96. What’s the fictional brand of cigarettes in Quentin Tarantino’s movies?
Answer: Red Apple cigarettes
97. Who plays Bob Woodward in All the President’s Men?
Answer: Robert Redford
98. Who voiced the sultry Jessica Rabbit in Who’s Afraid of Roger Rabbit?
Answer: Kathleen Turner
99. What is the name of Quint’s shark-hunting boat in Jaws?
Answer: The Orca
100. Who played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?
Answer: Anne Bancroft
101. What was Chadwick Boseman’s first movie?
Answer: The Express
102. What prominent American director won an Oscar for helming Forrest Gump?
Answer: Robert Zemeckis