What is Mariah Carey’s net worth?
Net Worth: $320 Million
Date of Birth: March 27, 1969 (age 53)
Country of Origin: United States of America
Source of Wealth: Singer/ Musician/ Businesswoman
Last Updated: 2022
Mariah Carey is one of the most successful, iconic, and influential artists of all time. She’s been in the music industry for over three decades with a career that has spanned multiple genres.
She is an American singer and songwriter who achieved international fame and success with her music, which has won her 5 Grammy Awards, 19 Billboard Music Awards, and 8 American Music Awards.
Mariah Carey has sold over 200 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Mariah Carey was born March 27, 1969, in Huntington, New York to Patricia (née Hickey), a former opera singer, and Alfred Roy Carey, a retired aeronautical engineer. Her father died of rare bile-duct cancer.
Carey grew up in New York City during her teenage years, where she began to write songs for local talent shows on Long Island.
She began her career with Columbia Records in 1990 with the release of her self-titled debut album “Mariah Carey” which went on to sell nine million copies in the United States alone.
She achieved international fame in 1990 when she released her debut album.
Mariah Carey began performing at age 3 and released her first single “Vision of Love”. In 1990, she signed to Columbia Records and released her self-titled album which went platinum in the US and sold over 9 million copies alone.
In 1991, she released her second album Emotions which went double platinum in the US with over 8 million copies sold worldwide. Her third studio album Music Box also went double platinum in the US with over 28 million copies sold worldwide.
She became the first artist to have their first three studio albums certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Her fifth album, Daydream, released in 1995, was her most critically acclaimed effort to date and sold 20 million copies worldwide. In 2006 she won two Grammy Awards for Best R&B Song and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.
- 5 Grammy Awards
- 21 Billboard Music Awards
- 19 World Music Awards
- 8 American Music Awards
- 7 Japan Golden Disc Awards
- 6 Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
- 32 BMI Pop Music Awards
- 7 IFPI Platinum Europe Awards
Mariah has been married twice. Her first husband was Tommy Mottola who she married on June 05, 1993. They dated for four years before getting married. They divorced on March 05, 1998, after 5 years of marriage.
Her second husband was Nick Cannon from 2008 to 2016 when they divorced due to their irreconcilable differences. They have two children together, a daughter named Monroe and a son named Moroccan.
As an entrepreneur, Mariah Carey founded MariahCarey.com and she has also been involved in many business ventures such as her own fragrance line and clothing line.
How Mariah Carey Went from Rags to Riches
Mariah Carey is not just a singer, she is an entrepreneur as well. In her early days, she was a part of the New York underground scene and made ends meet by singing at parties.
She was on welfare when she first started out as a backup singer for other artists. Eventually, she became one of the most successful female artists in music history.
Mariah Carey’s journey from rags to riches is a true story of how hard work and perseverance can bring success in any field. Her success is largely due to her creative genius, talent, hard work, determination, and ability to not give up.
Top 10 Inspirational Mariah Carey Quotes
1. “When you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong and you’ll finally see the truth- that hero lies in you.” – Mariah Carey
2. “Never listen to anybody who tries to discourage you.” – Mariah Carey
3. “I work myself into the ground. But I think I’m a nice friend and a good person, and I try to do my work as best I can.” – Mariah Carey
4. “Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you.” – Mariah Carey
5. “This is for all of you out there tonight, reaching for a dream – don’t ever give up! Never ever listen to anyone, when they try to discourage you, because they do that, believe me!” – Mariah Carey
6. “In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best.” – Mariah Carey
7. “Time is irrelevant to me. I never wear a watch.” – Mariah Carey
8. “I do not think I reinvent myself. Wearing my hair differently or changing my style of dress is playing dress-up. I don’t take it too seriously.” – Mariah Carey
9. “I don’t think anyone knows as much about what’s right for me as I do.” – Mariah Carey
10. “Whatever you’re going through in your life, don’t ever give up.” – Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey is one of the most successful artists in history, with a career spanning more than two decades that has produced many hit songs.
She became the best-selling female recording artist of all time by selling over 200 million records worldwide.
As of 2022, Mariah Carey’s net worth is estimated at $320 million.