Geography helps us develop a comprehensive understanding of the world we live in. Whether towering mountains, vast oceans, bustling cities, or remote landscapes, it helps us gain insights into the world. Also, we gain a deeper understanding and respect for the richness and variety of human cultures. So what will be better than challenging yourself to educate and inspire your wanderlust with Geography trivia?
Here we’ve compiled a list of best geography trivia questions that will expand your knowledge about countries, landmarks, and fascinating geographical phenomena. So scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered.
1. What is the name of the world’s tallest mountain?
Answer: Mount Everest
2. What American city is the Golden Gate Bridge located in?
Answer: San Francisco
3. What is the name of the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall?
Answer: Angel Falls
4. Which ocean is the largest in the world?
Answer: The Pacific
5. What island is the largest in the world?
6. What is the name of the smallest country in the world?
Answer: The Vatican City
7. What was the original capital of the U.S.?
Answer: New York City
8. What’s the capital of the United Kingdom?
9. Where is the driest place on Earth?
Answer: The Atacama Desert in northern Chile
10. Which is the only state with a one-syllable name?
11. What’s the capital of France?
12. What is the capital city of South Korea?
13. What is the capital of Senegal?
14. What is the capital of Canada?
15. How many large islands make up Hawaii?
16. Where is the world’s largest underground lake?
17. What is the name of the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean
18. Which country is made up of 7,000 islands?
Answer: The Philippines
19. What is Spain’s capital?
20. Which state in the US has the biggest land area?
21. What is the state capital of New York?
22. What present-day Italian city does Mt. Vesuvius overlook?
23. What are the names of the world’s seven continents?
Answer: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Australia
24. Can you name all five oceans on Earth?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern
25. How many time zones are there in Australia?
26. What is the capital of Thailand?
27. How many states pass across the Mississippi River?
28. Which country has the world’s longest coastline?
29. Which ocean is the largest in the world?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean
30. Which country has the world’s largest population?
31. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Answer: Colorado River
32. Which city has the highest population density on Earth?
Answer: Manila, Philippines
33. What is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City
34. Which lake has the name of a famous mythical creature?
Answer: Loch Ness
35. What is the capital city of Australia?
36. What river is the shortest in the world?
Answer: Roe River
37. What is the capital city of Cambodia?
Answer: Phnom Penh
38. Where is the largest volcano on Earth located?
39. What is the official currency of the United Kingdom?
Answer: Pound sterling
40. What is India’s official currency?
Answer: Indian rupee
41. Which U.S. state has the longest coastline after Alaska?
42. What is the capital of Nova Scotia?
43. Which country has the most pyramids?
44. What city serves as New Hampshire’s capital?
45. Between California and Washington, what state is there?
46. Which country is the home of Mount Everest?
47. What is the name of Africa’s longest river?
Answer: The Nile River
48. What U.S. state is home to no documented poisonous snakes?
49. How many States does the United States consist of?
50. What state in the US has the lowest population?
51. What is Mississippi’s correct postal abbreviation?
52. What mountain range is along the east side of the United States?
53. What is the name of the largest country in the world?
54. What is the capital of the American State of California?
55. The prime meridian is the line at 0º longitude or 0º latitude?
56. What is the capital of Mexico?
Answer: Mexico City
57. What is the name of the second tallest mountain in the world?
58. Where in the United States are Niagara Falls?
Answer: New York
59. Which country is also called The Netherlands?
60. What’s the capital of Italy?
61. What country lies above Mexico?
Answer: The United States of America
62. What type of leaf is on the Canadian flag?
63. What is the capital city of New Zealand?
64. What is Tennessee’s capital city?
65. Which ocean is between North America and Africa?
66. The tallest trees in the world can be found in which U.S. state?
67. What is the capital city of the Bahamas?
68. What’s the capital of Pennsylvania?
69. What are the names of the world’s five oceans?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and the Antarctic
70. What is the capital city of Egypt?
71. Where is the biggest desert in the world?
72. What is the coldest place on Earth?
73. What is the name of the largest city in Australia?
74. What country are the Great Pyramids of Giza located in?
75. What country has the most natural lakes?
76. In which ocean is the Bermuda Triangle located?
Answer: Atlantic Ocean
77. What is the most populous city in the world?
Answer: Tokyo, Japan
78. What is the capital city of Argentina?
Answer: Buenos Aires
79. What is the only country that borders the United Kingdom?
80. Which continent is in all four hemispheres?
81. Which river flows from Minneapolis to Memphis to New Orleans?
82. What’s the capital of Ireland?
83. What is the name of the river that flows through the Brazil rainforest?
Answer: The Amazon
84. What is the tallest building ever built by humans?
Answer: Burj Khalifa in Dubai
85. Where is the Eiffel Tower located?
Answer: Paris, France
86. What planet is closest to Earth?
87. What’s the capital of Canada?
88. The only sea that doesn’t have a coastline is called what?
Answer: Sargasso Sea
89. What Cape sits at the tip of Africa?
Answer: Cape of Good Hope
90. What two countries border directly north of Hungary?
Answer: Slovakia and Ukraine
91. How many countries does Africa have?
92. Which state was not one of the 13 original colonies?