What is the net worth of Eddie murphy?
Net Worth: $200 Million
Date of Birth: April 3, 1961 (age 61)
Country of Origin: United States of America
Source of Wealth: Professional Comedian/Actor
Last Updated: 2023
Eddie Murphy is a comedian, actor, and writer. He has been in the entertainment industry for over 30 years.
Born in 1961 in Brooklyn, He made his first appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1980. He went on to star in hit comedy films like 48 Hrs., Beverly Hills Cop II, and Trading Places.
He has won numerous awards including 1 Grammy Award, 1 Emmy, 1 Golden Globe Award, and 7 Critics awards for Best Actor.
He is one of the top-grossing actors of all time with box office receipts of about $6.7 billion.
Early Life and Career
Eddie Murphy is a comedian and actor that has been on the scene for over 30 years. He has had a long career with many highs and lows.
Eddie Murphy was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1961. His father left when he was three years old, so he spent his early childhood living with his mother who worked as a maid.
After she become ill, Eddie lived with his older brother Charlie until they were evicted from their home when Eddie was only eight years old. He then found himself living in a homeless shelter, where he began performing stand-up comedy at night to make money for food and other necessities. He would eventually move into the projects of Brooklyn where he met fellow comedian Rudy Ray Moore who helped him launch his career as an actor and singer.
In the 1980s, Eddie began to stand out in the comedy world with his stand-up routine. He also starred in a number of films such as 48 Hours (1982), Beverly Hills Cop (1984), and Coming to America (1988).
After multiple movie success stories, Eddie Murphy became a household name. He became one of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors for voicing Donkey in Shrek 2 (2004).
Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies
Eddie Murphy is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, producer, and singer. He is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, with a career spanning over 3 decades with a number of movies that have grossed over $6.7 billion worldwide.
Here are Top 10 highest-grossing movies Eddie Murphy starred in:
10. Mulan (1998) – $120,620,254
9. Coming to America (1988) – $128,152,301
8. The Nutty Professor (1996) – $128,814,019
7. Doctor Dolittle (1998) – $144,156,605
6. Beverly Hills Cop Ii (1987) – $153,665,036
5. Beverly Hills Cop (1984) – $234,760,478
4. Shrek (2001) $267,665,011
3. Shrek Ever After (2010) – $238,736,787
2. Shrek the Third (2007) – $322,719,944
1. Shrek Ii (2004) – $441,226,247
Eddie Murphy’s career highlights include starting out as a member of the Saturday Night Live comedy troupe in 1980 and winning his first Grammy Award in 1984 for Best Comedy Album.
His first stand-up routine aired on NBC in 1980. – In 1984 he released “Delirious” which became one of the top-selling comedy albums of all time.
His career has spanned over four decades and he is considered one of the most influential comedians of all time.
How Much Money Did Eddie Murphy Make from “Coming to America”?
Eddie Murphy’s movie “Coming to America” made him a lot of money when was released in 1988.
He received a personal salary of $8 million for his work on the film, plus 15% of film rentals from “Coming to America” alone.
The movie was a huge success and it was also nominated for six Academy Awards.
Top 10 Inspirational Eddie Murphy Quotes
1. “Anything you have to acquire a taste for was not meant to be eaten.” – Eddie Murphy
2. “I only want to do what I really want to do; otherwise, I’m content to sit here and play my guitar all day.” – Eddie Murphy
3. “All men are sculptors, constantly chipping away the unwanted parts of their lives, trying to create their idea of their masterpiece.” – Eddie Murphy
4. “I haven’t read a newspaper in 20 years. I don’t look at the computer or anything. You have to have a filter on what you let in.” – Eddie Murphy
5. “You can’t let the good things people say make you feel too good, because you’re going to let the bad things make you feel bad.” – Eddie Murphy
6. “Every bad decision I’ve made has been based on money. I grew up in the projects and you don’t turn down money there. You take it, because you never know when it’s all going to end.” – Eddie Murphy
7. “The advice I would give to someone is to not take anyone’s advice.” – Eddie Murphy
8. “I’ve always had confidence. It came because I have lots of initiative. I wanted to make something of myself.” – Eddie Murphy
9. “I’d like to produce, direct, write, score, and star in a film in exactly the way Chaplin did. I’ll do that before I’m thirty.” – Eddie Murphy
10. “I spent my 30s fixing everything I broke in my 20s.” – Eddie Murphy
Lessons to Learn From Eddie Murphy to Become Successful
The first thing you can learn from Eddie Murphy is that you should never underestimate the power of your voice. He was born with one but he still managed to use it to make a career for himself despite being overweight and having a speech impediment (which he later overcame).
His journey through comedy began when he was a teenager in New York City. He had an interest in performing but didn’t know how to break into the industry because of his race.
He graduated with a degree in history and went on to become one of the most successful actors and comedians in Hollywood.
Eddie Murphy has been an inspiration to many comedians since he burst onto the scene in 1983 with his very first stand-up comedy album “Delirious”. He is one of the few comedians who have managed to maintain their popularity throughout their careers.
Eddie Murphy’s life is an example of how people can turn their disadvantages into advantages.
He is a great inspiration to many people because he has overcome many obstacles in his life. His work ethic is legendary as he continues to work at a frenetic pace throughout his career.
Eddie Murphy is one of the most successful comedians in history. His career spans over four decades.
As of 2023, Eddie Murphy is worth $200 million. His wealth is deserved because he’s always putting his best effort into everything he does.