Earth Day is a global celebration of nature’s wonders. And it’s our responsibility to protect nature we call our home. So why limit ourselves to one day of appreciation when you can celebrate it daily? Yes, you heard right; with these Earth day Trivia Questions and Answers you will connect with the environment on a deeper level.
Scroll down and see what we’ve got you covered that will offer your a means to engage in meaningful conversations.
Earth Day Trivia
1. When is Earth Day?
Answer: April 22
2. Equinox Earth Day takes place when each year?
Answer: March 20
3. Which President signed the Paris Agreement?
Answer: Barack Obama
4. When did Google introduce their first Earth Day doodle?
5. A single tree produces enough air to supply in its lifetime for how many people for a year?
6. What 1962 book about pesticides helped inspire the first Earth Day?
Answer: Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
7. April 22 is the birthdate of which famous conservationist?
Answer: John Muir
8. For the first Earth Day, which singer sailed from New York City to Washington, D.C.?
Answer: Pete Seeger
9. Who wrote the Earth Day theme song?
Answer: Abhay Kumar
10. The first Earth Day was when?
11. What holiday followed Earth Day in 1972?
Answer: World Environment Day
12. The United Nations has what name for Earth Day?
Answer: International Mother Earth Day
13. Approximately how many people participate in Earth Day each year?
Answer: 1 billion
14. Which astronauts brought tree seeds with him into space that were later grown on Earth?
Answer: Stuart Roosa
15. How many indigenous people inhabit forests worldwide?
Answer: About 50 million
16. Which government organization was eventually founded as a result of the first Earth Day?
Answer: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
17. Who took Earth Day international?
Answer: Denis Hayes
18. Which U.S. president joined Gaylord Nelson for a multi-state conservation-themed tour?
Answer: John F. Kennedy
19. Earth Day’s founding was partially inspired by protestors against what?
Answer: The Vietnam War
20. Who started Earth Day?
Answer: Sen. Gaylord Nelson of Wisconsin
21. When did Earth Day go global?
22. Which state’s senator is the father of Earth Day?
23. Earth Day detractors argued that the first celebration was really to honor whose 100th birthday?
Answer: Vladimir Lenin
24. Who is recognized as the founder of Earth Day?
Answer: Gaylord Nelson
25. Which president created the EPA?
Answer: Richard Nixon
26. How many college campuses participated in the first Earth Day?
Answer: About 1,500
27. When did the Clean Water Act pass?
28. What region on Earth produces 20% of the planet’s oxygen?
Answer: The Amazon rainforest
29. How many people attended the first Earth Day rally in New York City’s Union Square?
30. How many countries (so far) have celebrated Earth Day?
31. Most of Earth’s breathable air comes from where?
Answer: The ocean
32. Gaylord Nelson was moved to create Earth Day after which disaster?
Answer: Santa Barbara oil spill
33. What is the theme of Earth Day 2023?
Answer: Invest In Our Planet
34. The first Earth Day was recognized by how many people?
Answer: 20 million