Christmas always brings joy, warmth, and cheer whenever it comes. It’s a time when families and loved ones come together and prioritize spending quality time and strengthening bonds within communities. So what can be better than challenging yourself and engaging with family and friends to discover fascinating tidbits that make you a true Christmas trivia champion?
Get ready to spread joy and cheer as we’ve compiled a list of best Christmas trivia questions that will entertain, educate, and bring a touch of holiday magic to your celebrations.
Christmas Trivia Questions
1. What should we leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Answer: Milk and cookies.
2. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
3. When you find yourself under the mistletoe, what are you supposed to do?
4. What color is the Grinch?
5. What are Christmas trees also called?
6. What color is Rudolph’s nose?
7. What did the other reindeer refuse to let Rudolph do because of his shiny red nose?
Answer: Join in any reindeer games
8. In Belgium, what shape is the festive bread known as “Cougnou” made into?
Answer: Baby Jesus.
9. Which real-life person is Santa Claus based on?
Answer: The Christian bishop St. Nicholas.
10. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made out?
Answer: A button
11. Where does Santa Claus live?
Answer: The North Pole.
53. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
13. Which country did eggnog come from?
14. What is traditionally placed on top of a Christmas tree?
Answer: An ange
15. Where can people enjoy a “Wigilia supper” during Christmas?
16. Which type of alcohol is usually added to the base of Christmas trifles?
17. Where did there arise such a clatter?
Answer: On the lawn
18. What does Santa’s belly shake like?
Answer: A bowl full of jelly.
19. Which U.S. state has a town called Santa Claus?
20. Where in the Bible can we read about the Birth of Jesus?
Answer: Luke 2.
21. Where was Jesus born?
Answer: In Bethlehem.
22. In “The Christmas Song,” who did the narrator see kissing Santa Claus under the mistletoe?
23. Which popular Christmas beverage is also called “milk punch?”
24. Why do the other reindeer tease Rudolph?
Answer: Because of his red nose.
25. Which fairy tale served as the inspiration for the first gingerbread houses?
Answer: Hansel and Gretel
26. Elvis isn’t going to have a white Christmas, so what is he going to have?
Answer: Blue Christmas
27. Where was baby Jesus born?
Answer: In Bethlehem
28. On the eighth day of Christmas, according to the song, what did my true love give to me?
Answer: Eight maids a milking
29. Who gave birth to Jesus?
30. Three of Santa’s reindeer’s names begin with the letter “D.” What are those names?
Answer: Dancer, Dasher, and Donner
31. How many reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh?
32. What colors are the candy canes?
Answer: Red and white.
33. Which country came up with the dessert ”White Christmas” made from coconut oil and dried fruit?
34. Which company was the first to use Santa Claus in their advertising?
35. Which one of Santa’s reindeer has the same name as another holiday mascot?
36. What ingredients are typically used to make mulled wine?
Answer: red wine, sugar, and spices.
37. In the movie A Christmas Story, what is the name of Ralphie’s little brother?
38. What happens every time a bell rings in the movie It’s A Wonderful Life?
Answer: An angel got his wings
39. In Italy, what is Santa Claus called?
Answer: Babbo Natale.
40. What did Christmas boxes typically contain?
Answer: Presents, money, or food.
41. What is the name of the main villain in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
Answer: Oogie Boogie
42. How many gifts in total were given in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
43. Is it true or false that Ikea allegedly made the largest gingerbread man?
44. Which two colors are commonly associated with Christmas?
Answer: Red and green.
45. Which popular Christmas song was originally written for Thanksgiving?
Answer: “Jingle Bells”
46. In the song “Winter Wonderland,” what do we call the snowman?
Answer: Parson Brown
47. In Home Alone, where are the McCallisters going on vacation when they leave Kevin behind?
48. Which major holiday follows Boxing Day?
49. Where did the word and idea “Christmukkah” come from?
Answer: The O.C.
50. In Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, what was the first name of Scrooge?
51. What year was Santa born?
Answer: 270 AD.
52. In The Santa Clause, what is the real name of the character played by Tim Allen?
Answer: Scott Calvin