Looking for the best and inspirational Adoption quotes?
The beauty of adoptive families is that they are made up of people from different backgrounds. They often come from diverse economic and political backgrounds, which means they have a rich way of thinking. These families have a great understanding of the world and its varying cultures. In their work, adoptive parents bring in the best from their own culture and combine it with the best from the adopted child’s culture to create a new, unique type of family.
For many adopted children, their new family becomes their “real” family, while some children grow up in the shadow of feelings that they are different. Some of these feelings can include insecurity, anger, and shame.
Adoptive families are not perfect, but they are still beautiful because they provide love and stability, which no one else can provide for them. Check out these adoption quotes to feel the power of a family that was made possible by you. They make this journey worth it.
39 Inspirational Adoption Quotes
1. “I am a living testament you can be adopted and successful.” ― Daunte Culpepper
2. “They may not have my eyes, they may not have my smile, but they have all my heart.” ― Unknown
3. “Adoption is the most intentional process on Earth.” ― Jody Cantrell Dyer
4. “If you have a heart for adoption, don’t let fear stand in the way.” ― Doug Chapman
5. “The circumstances surrounding your birth are not as important as the opportunity to live.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
6. “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” – Leigh Anne Tuohy
7. “What makes you a man is not the ability to make a child, it’s the courage to raise one.” ― Barack Obama
8. “Every single minute matters, every single child matters, every single childhood matters.” ― Kailash Satyarthi
9. “We do not need to know the beginning of a child’s story to change the ending.” ― Fi Newood
10. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
11. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” ― Maya Angelou
12. “Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. It’s something quite magical.” ― Nicole Kidman
13. “Belonging to a family is a natural and vital component of life, and every child deserves to be a member of a loving and nurturing family.” ― Ronald Reagan
14. “Adoption is the visible gospel.” ― John Piper
15. “Being a parent wasn’t just about bearing a child. It was about bearing witness to its life.” ― Jodi Picoult
16. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” ― Henry Ford (see more Henry Ford quotes)
17. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
18. “If there’s a cause worth fighting for, it’s this: children belong in families.” ― Nicole Skellenger
19. “Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn’t grow under my heart but in it.” ― Fleur Conkling Heyliger.
20. “We look at adoption as a very sacred exchange. It was not done lightly on either side. I would dedicate my life to this child.” ― Jamie Lee Curtis
21. “Adopted. Big deal; so was Superman.” ― Christ Crutcher
22. “The adoption was challenging – the LOVE arrived instantly.” ― Unknown
23. “Adopting one child won’t change the world: but for that child, the world will change.” ― Unknown
24. “Adoption is a journey of faith, from beginning to end.” ― Johnny Carr
25. “Where there is love, there is life.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
26. “Love is not a cure-all for an adoptee, but it’s a great place to start.” ― Christina Romo
27. “Making the decision to have a child – it is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” ― Elizabeth Stone
28. “Little souls find their way to you, whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” ― Sheryl Crow
29. “Every child deserves a home and love. Period.” ― Dave Thomas
30. “Beauty seen is never lost.” ― John Greenleaf Whittler
31. “A baby is born with a need to be loved – and never outgrows it.” ― Frank A. Clark
32. “The world may not change if you adopt a child, but for that child their world will change.” ― Unknown
33. “If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!” — Unknown
34. “Your greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do but someone you raise.” ― Andy Stanley
35. “A child born to another woman calls me mom. The depth of the tragedy and the magnitude of the privilege are not lost on me.” ― Jody Landers
36. “Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
37. “It’s important to realize that we adopt not because we are rescuers. No. We adopt because we are rescued.” ― David Platt
38. “Adopting an older child is a journey, a developing relationship, and a wonder to behold!” — Karlene Edgemon
39. “Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the call to give love, mercy, and patience.” – Hope For Orphans